Kinuthia's Father Apologises for Ivy Wangechi's Death
Naftali Kinuthia's father, George Kinuthia, on Monday apologized for the death of Ivy Wangechi, a Moi University medical student who was allegedly hacked by his son on April 9, 2019.
Reports by The Star indicate that George told the court that his son was a reserved man, who did not have a criminal record.
"We are really sorry for what happened. This is really a difficult situation especially for the family of Ivy," he stated.
He added that the family was yet to get in touch with Wangechi's on the matter, adding that they are in talks with church leaders and elders to know how to go about the situation.
He stated that his family would send elders during Wangechi's funeral, which will be held on Thursday.
George also stated that the two families knew each other from Thika.
On April 10, 2019, Naftali claimed that he hacked Wangechi because he had invested money and love but she did not reciprocate.
Naftali used an axe and a knife to attack the sixth year medical at Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital.
The 28-year-old was also hospitalised at the same facility following a beating from an angry mob who wanted to lynch him.
Naftali is expected in court on Monday and is set to face murder charges.
- 15 October 2019 - 5:48 pm
- 15 October 2019 - 5:31 pm
- 15 October 2019 - 4:26 pm
- 15 October 2019 - 4:30 pm
- 15 October 2019 - 4:02 pm
- 15 October 2019 - 4:51 pm
- 15 October 2019 - 3:48 pm
- 15 October 2019 - 3:16 pm
- 15 October 2019 - 2:41 pm
- 15 October 2019 - 2:18 pm
- 15 October 2019 - 2:00 pm
- 15 October 2019 - 1:49 pm