Nic Hailey, the UK High Commissioner to Kenya, has indicated that they will host Queen Elizabeth's birthday party in Mombasa.
Speaking on Radio Rahma, Hailey expressed his commitment to deepening UK's connections for the benefit of the people at the Coast.
"Mombasa and the Coast are special to the UK.. that’s why we’re hosting a Queen’s Birthday Party here today (Thursday)," Hailey stated.
The High Commissioner further revealed that the UK is providing expert assistance to help tackle corruption in Kenya.
"Through a framework agreement, we will repatriate proceeds of corruption found in the UK," the envoy promised.
He further indicated that the UK has a close relationship with Kenya on tackling terrorism as it affects both countries.
Ambassador Hailey later joined DCI boss George Kinoti and DPP Noordin Haji to break ground on a new UK supported Anti Terror Police Unit (ATPU) Mombasa headquarters.
"I thank the British govt for its contribution and partnership in our country’s undertakings particularly in security.
"They have consistently and generously worked closely with us to ensure that we have the right capacity and training to combat terrorism activities," DCI Kinoti stated.
According to Kinoti, previous cooperation between Kenya and UK on training and capacity building has enabled several DCI officers to receive specialized training related to counter terrorism.terrorism corruption
- Wanted Man9 August 2022 - 9:30 pm
- Check Results9 August 2022 - 9:04 pm
- Released9 August 2022 - 9:28 pm
- His Choice9 August 2022 - 7:45 pm
- Explained9 August 2022 - 7:39 pm
- Voter Apathy9 August 2022 - 6:09 pm
- Spotted9 August 2022 - 6:26 pm
- fury9 August 2022 - 5:58 pm
- Working Systems9 August 2022 - 6:07 pm
- Miscommunication9 August 2022 - 5:48 pm
- Human9 August 2022 - 4:31 pm
- Facts9 August 2022 - 4:39 pm