Legendary Marathoner Eliud Kipchoge has won the 2019 London Marathon.
In yet another sensational performance, the Kenyan athlete won the men’s elite race clocking 2:03:37, the second fastest time in history.
Following the Sunday's win, Kipchoge made history as the first man to win four London Marathons!
In the Women's race Brigid Kosgei led her compatriot Vivian Cheruiyot to a 1-2 Kenyan finish at 2:18:20 and 2:20:14 respectively while Roza Dereje clocked 2:20:51.
Running the home stretch, Kipchoge displayed an energetic finish even taking his time to wave at the crowd.
Kipchoge who holds the World Record of 2:01:39 increased the pace 600 metres to the finish line giving him clear cut against his challengers.
Kipchoge's challengers were Mosinet Geremew who clocked 2:02:55 and Mule Wasihun (2:03:16).
Amplifying Kenya's win was Mary Keitany who took the 4th position and Gladys Cherono at position 5.
Winning her first London Marathon, Kosgei managed to run the fastest ever second half of a marathon.
- Wanted Man9 August 2022 - 9:30 pm
- Check Results9 August 2022 - 9:04 pm
- Released9 August 2022 - 9:28 pm
- His Choice9 August 2022 - 7:45 pm
- Explained9 August 2022 - 7:39 pm
- Voter Apathy9 August 2022 - 6:09 pm
- Spotted9 August 2022 - 6:26 pm
- fury9 August 2022 - 5:58 pm
- Working Systems9 August 2022 - 6:07 pm
- Miscommunication9 August 2022 - 5:48 pm
- Human9 August 2022 - 4:31 pm
- Facts9 August 2022 - 4:39 pm