Jubilee party is reportedly set to crack the whip on team 'tanga tanga', who have openly 'defied' President Uhuru Kenyatta's directives to halt premature campaigns.
A source who spoke to the Nation revealed that there was a meeting on Thursday, where government operatives hatched a plan to de-whip the leaders from their influential committees in both the Senate and the National Assembly.
The targeted leaders include Murang'a Senator Irungu Kang'ata, Woman Representative Wanjiru Chege and Kikuyu MP Kimani Ichung'wa.
Furthermore, the source who requested anonymity disclosed to the publication that the recent appointment of politicians who lost races in the 2017 general election was also touted as an extended plan to tame other defiant members.
Gatanga MP Nduati Ngugi who also spoke to the publication stated that the leaders were appointed to replace the MPs who have been campaigning for Deputy President Dr William Ruto and forgot to work for their people.
For instance in Muranga, leaders backing Dr Ruto had their opponents appointed in state organs while those behind Kieleweke were not affected.
In Maragua, Kiharu, and Kandara, MPs perceived to be the DP's handlers also saw their opponents appointed.
Elias Mbau, who lost to Mary Waithira, was appointed to head NEPPAD while Joshua Toro, an opponent to Alice Wahome, was appointed to head the National Irrigation Board.Karanja Mburu, an arc-rival of Kiharu MP Ndindi Nyoro, was appointed to head the Lapsset.
In other related news, a mega prayer rally that was scheduled to take place at Kenol, Muranga County on Saturday was called off at the last minute.
The Standard reported that President Uhuru may have had a hand in the cancellation of the event.
- doppleganger24 October 2020 - 2:11 pm
- sweet24 October 2020 - 1:51 pm
- gruesome24 October 2020 - 1:28 pm
- Halleluhya!24 October 2020 - 1:00 pm
- will they?24 October 2020 - 12:13 pm
- Presidential Treatment24 October 2020 - 11:42 am
- helping hand24 October 2020 - 11:30 am
- Her Take24 October 2020 - 10:37 am
- Tough Crowd24 October 2020 - 9:59 am
- must watch24 October 2020 - 9:31 am
- fatal24 October 2020 - 8:45 am
- Trouble24 October 2020 - 8:24 am