Renowned benga musician Haron Auta alias Ekiaramba has died.
Reports reaching our newsdesk indicate that Auta, a member of the Legendary Sungusia Boys band, died at Christmarianne Hospital in Kisii on Friday night.
He was a renowned vocalist in the band which has rocked Gusii music for decades.
Confirming the sad news, John Moriasi, a close family member, stated that the musician had been sick for a while.
"It's true we lost Ekiaramba on Friday night. He had been struggling with his health for several months at Christamarriane Hospital. He, unfortunately, passed away.
"He will be remembered for his heroics as a vocalist and a composer. The family will continue giving updates on his burial in due course. We wish him well as hope to meet in Heaven," Moriasi eulogized his kin.
It is reported that by the time of his death, Auta had joined splinter music band of Kwasakwasa, which comprises mostly of former Sungusia Boys band singers.
In 2017, the band also lost a musician, Bernard Onsongo alias Onsongo Omosongo.
In 2018, another band player George Morara alias Omorendire also died.
Sungusia Band was founded by George Kenyatta.died death
- The Truth1 February 2023 - 5:35 pm
- Lewd1 February 2023 - 5:10 pm
- Revered1 February 2023 - 5:42 pm
- Boost1 February 2023 - 5:14 pm
- Conceal1 February 2023 - 4:41 pm
- Oppose1 February 2023 - 4:47 pm
- Freedom1 February 2023 - 3:41 pm
- Profile1 February 2023 - 4:15 pm
- On the spot1 February 2023 - 2:55 pm
- Moment's Notice1 February 2023 - 2:41 pm
- Explained1 February 2023 - 3:35 pm
- DETAILS1 February 2023 - 3:53 pm