New details about a meeting that former Prime Minister Raila Odinga flew out of the country to partake in has finally emerged.
Taking to social media, Raila revealed that he had engaged with the president of the Democratic Republic of Congo Felix Tshisekedi in his capacity as the African Union Envoy.
The two politicians discussed two major points including the construction of the Kinshasa- Brazzaville bridge and the completion of Inga Dam.
He explained that the later project was very important to Africa as a whole.
"Held talks in Kinshasa with President Felix Tshisekedi of the Democratic Republic of Congo on the construction of the Kinshasa- Brazzaville bridge that is part of the Tripoli-Cape Town Trans Africa Highway. We also discussed the Inga Dam whose completion is critical for Africa," posted the premier.
The relationship between the Congolese president and Kenyan politicians has been on the upward trajectory in the recent past.
Raila, at the time, was also attending the event in his capacity as the African Union Envoy and not a Kenyan political figure.
In February, uhuru revealed that leaders from the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) will henceforth start classes in Kenya.
"We will offer training opportunities to Congolese public servants in Kenya’s training institutions such as the Kenya School of Government," Uhuru stated at the time.
- Unfortunate23 January 2021 - 7:04 pm
- alma mater23 January 2021 - 5:54 pm
- latest report23 January 2021 - 4:56 pm
- Rewind23 January 2021 - 5:32 pm
- Shut down23 January 2021 - 4:01 pm
- In Need23 January 2021 - 3:06 pm
- accused23 January 2021 - 2:17 pm
- High Life23 January 2021 - 1:23 pm
- money makers23 January 2021 - 1:53 pm
- RIP23 January 2021 - 11:58 am
- touching23 January 2021 - 12:19 pm
- backlash23 January 2021 - 10:57 am