James Nyoro Under Fire For Publicly Humiliating Ferdinand Waititu
Kiambu Deputy Governor James Nyoro on Saturday came under sharp criticism from members of a lobby group in the county for allegedly humiliating his boss, Governor Ferdinand Waititu.
The lobby group consisting of the Mashinani ward representatives from all the collective 60 Kiambu wards, warned Nyoro to desist from issuing reckless and shameful statements that paint the county in a bad light.
They further threatened to eject Nyoro from office in seven days should he continue to publicly attack Governor Ferdinand Waititu on various forums.
The group instead asked him to spare the energies that he uses in the media and address the issues facing the residents of Kiambu, like food security.
Earlier in the month, Waititu landed in the national limelight over alleged claims of a bloated budget, with bizarre allocations in the year 2017/18 budget.
Nyoro immediately took the chance to accuse the county boss of among others, embezzling county funds and infiltrating the treasury.
He alleged that Waititu had been running the county as an individual, apparently secluding him as his constitutional deputy.
Nyoro expressed fears that Waititu’s continued stay in the office may enable him to manipulate evidence.
He added that an ongoing audit would reveal more fraudulent dealings in the county.
- 17 September 2019 - 6:07 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 6:29 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 5:11 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 4:34 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 5:03 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 4:23 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 4:11 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 3:57 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 3:44 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 2:44 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 3:40 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 3:15 pm