Kitutu Chache MP Richard Onyonka Ditches Ruto for Raila
Kitutu Chache MP Richard Onyonka has ditched Deputy President William Ruto's camp, The Standard reports.
According to the publication, the vocal legislator, who was elected on a Ford-Kenya ticket, was not pleased with the way the DP has been attacking Odinga.
While speaking at his Kisii home, Onyonka told journalists that the AU envoy has done so much for this country and deserves respect from all Kenyans.
He also faulted politicians who are associated with Ruto for abusing Odinga while disregarding the fact that he had played a major role in Kenya's liberation.
"Let it be known from today that I am no longer working with the Deputy President since I have found out that our political destinations were far apart and that we are politically incompatible," he explained.
Onyonka, who was the Chairman of Tanga Tanga Movement Kisii County, went on to add that it was a political liability to be allied to Ruto.
He claimed that the Jubilee government had wrecked the economy adding that most of its projects had stalled due to corruption.
Onyonka decamped to Ford Kenya after failing to clinch the Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) party ticket during nominations held in the run-up to the 2017 General Elections.
He vowed to support the Jubilee administration after clinching the Kitutu Chache seat and being sworn in.
- 15 September 2019 - 8:23 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 7:37 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 7:21 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 6:39 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 5:51 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 4:39 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 5:09 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 6:16 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 3:51 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 4:02 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 3:27 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 2:53 pm