Nairobi Woman Representative Esther Passaris has vowed to bring down Governor Mike Sonko over the recent remarks that she claimed had destroyed her reputation.
She also fought back a stream of vicious attacks from netizens calling them sexists and liars.
Speaking at the second annual Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research and Analysis (KIPPRA) conference in Mombasa, the county MP announced a new battle plan.
Passaris announced to the cheering crowd that she would no longer take the insults and the online attacks lying down but rather, she would be more aggressive and take the battle to Sonko’s door-step.
“I am going to bring down Sonko because it is ridiculous that we have such a governor,” she told the audience on Thursday as quoted by The Standard.
She went on to reveal how people have been trying to convince her not to engage with the governor.
“People have cautioned me not to bring him down because he will drag my name in the dirt, but I remain committed in my quest to bring him down,” she added.
She further put off the critics who have been speaking about her dress code.
“Don’t judge me for what I wear. What I wear is not your business, how I do my job is your business,” Passaris exclaimed.
The woman rep also claimed that some leaders would go to extreme lengths to ensure they paint their female counterparts in bad light while purporting to be empowering women into politics.
- Heartwarming8 August 2020 - 9:14 am
- Poked Holes8 August 2020 - 8:19 am
- nabbed8 August 2020 - 7:37 am
- Long Wait8 August 2020 - 7:16 am
- new boss in town7 August 2020 - 8:07 pm
- no way7 August 2020 - 6:18 pm
- glued to the screen7 August 2020 - 4:57 pm
- double tragedy7 August 2020 - 4:33 pm
- big strides7 August 2020 - 4:14 pm
- bold7 August 2020 - 5:35 pm
- revolutionary7 August 2020 - 3:31 pm
- World's First7 August 2020 - 3:40 pm