Kakamega Twins DNA Results Released
The two girls who grabbed headlines after their uncanny resemblance sparked speculations that they were twins have finally received their DNA results.
The test, which was conducted at Lancet Kenya, revealed that Sharon Mitekwa and Melon Lutenyo are identical twins.
Their mother is Rosemary Khaveveli Onyango.
"Sharon Mitekwa and Melon Lutenyo share identical DNA profiles with the 23 allelic loci tested show 100% perfect match, which is consistent with the two being biologically identical twins," a statement from Lancet Kenya reads in part.
It was, however, established that Melon and Sharon are not to Mevis Imbayi.
According to the report, Mevis' parents are Angeline Omina Matias and Wilson Ruta Maruti.
The three girls had traveled to Nairobi on Friday to receive the tests.
Sharon and Melon were born at the current Kakamega County Referral Hospital in 1999 but lived separately all their lives.
Melon was raised in Likuyani, Kakamega County while Sharon was raised in Kangemi, Nairobi County.
Rosemary, who had been staying with Melon had earlier stated Sharon was also her biological daughter.
- 18 October 2019 - 1:24 am
- 17 October 2019 - 9:25 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 9:27 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 8:11 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 8:45 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 6:40 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 7:02 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 6:42 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 6:13 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 7:08 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 6:28 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 5:55 pm