NMG Loses Top Editor to Rival Station
Nation Media Group(NMG) has lost one of its top editors to a direct rival, The Standard Media Group .
In an internal memo sent to the staff, NMG's Editorial Director, Mutuma Mathiu highlighted that the former editor of the Business Daily and East African, Ochieng Rapuro was leaving the station.
"I wish to inform you that Ochieng Rapuro has asked to take up a senior position within the industry," part of the memo read.
The Editorial Director noted that it was sad to lose such a strong editor, but was happy for him because the move represented career growth.
"Please join me in bidding Ochieng a fond farewell, congratulating him on his new appointment and wishing him the very best in his new journey," he added.
Rapuro was moved to the East African Weekly Newspaper in January 2019 after Tom Mshindi's exit.
NTV Managing Director in charge of Broadcasting, Alex Kobia also resigned from his position at the media house a couple of weeks ago.
A well-placed source at the station told Kenyans.co.ke that Kobia's last day of work would be June 22.
He had been brought in after former Managing Editor Linus Kaikai left NTV for Citizen TV.
- 15 October 2019 - 5:48 pm
- 15 October 2019 - 5:31 pm
- 15 October 2019 - 4:26 pm
- 15 October 2019 - 4:30 pm
- 15 October 2019 - 4:02 pm
- 15 October 2019 - 4:51 pm
- 15 October 2019 - 3:48 pm
- 15 October 2019 - 3:16 pm
- 15 October 2019 - 2:41 pm
- 15 October 2019 - 2:18 pm
- 15 October 2019 - 2:00 pm
- 15 October 2019 - 1:49 pm