Popular radio presenter Njogu wa Njoroge has returned to Kameme FM after leaving the station in 2016 for Gukena FM.
Well placed sources who asked not to be named told Kenyans.co.ke that Njogu had already signed a deal to return to the MediaMax-owned station.
As stipulated in his contract at Gukena FM, he took a one month break and is preparing to go back on air.
The Kijabe street-based station seems to be gearing up for big changes as two presenters have also been poached from a rival media house.
Inooro FM reportedly lost Simon Kabue Mburu alias Man Simo and James Wang'ombe also known as Kata who are also set to join Kameme.
The trio of Njogu, Man Simo and Kata are among the most popular presenters and command a huge following among the Gikuyu language speakers.
Njogu started his career as a media personality in 2001 when he auditioned for a football commentator job on KBC.
In 2002, an election year, he was requested to co-host in the morning show to interview politicians and the following year, Njogu was given his own show.
Apart from his journalistic prowess, Njogu has emerged as a shrewd mobiliser who uses his radio platform to raise funds for various causes.
During a 2016 thanksgiving service at Kasarani Stadium to celebrate his 15 years in media, he raised Ksh2 million to help children with special needs in Njoro, Nakuru.
- Revealed20 June 2021 - 5:58 pm
- On the verge20 June 2021 - 5:54 pm
- Heartwarming20 June 2021 - 5:58 pm
- Revealed20 June 2021 - 4:04 pm
- Tables Turn20 June 2021 - 2:21 pm
- Father's Love20 June 2021 - 1:13 pm
- Rescue Mission20 June 2021 - 12:48 pm
- high politics20 June 2021 - 11:40 am
- About Time20 June 2021 - 12:05 pm
- On the Spot20 June 2021 - 12:07 pm
- Revealed20 June 2021 - 9:20 am
- Pay Up20 June 2021 - 8:04 am