A court in Nairobi, on Friday, issued a warrant arrest for Alex Olaba, a Kenya Sevens player.
The warrant was issued after he failed to appear in court for a ruling on a 2018 case in which he is accused of gang rape.
Olaba was accused of raping a woman only identified as W.A on February 11, 2018, and was charged alongside Frank Wanyama, a fellow player.
Citizen Digital reported that Justice Martha Mutuku was to give the judgment on Thursday, June 11, but Olaba failed to appear.
However, his lawyer came to his defence and told the court that the rugby player was stuck in traffic and unable to get to court in time.
The magistrate consequently deferred the matter to Friday, July 12, but the 2nd accused person was still missing.
The two were previously released from police custody after posting cash bails of Ksh500,000 each.
Since the occurrence, Wanyama and Olaba have not taken part in any rugby event.
The verdict has now been deferred to August 5 at the Milimani Law Courts.
- get ready6 June 2020 - 5:20 pm
- full speech6 June 2020 - 4:13 pm
- Gradual6 June 2020 - 4:15 pm
- Not yet over6 June 2020 - 3:47 pm
- free to move6 June 2020 - 3:37 pm
- Anxious6 June 2020 - 2:40 pm
- smart leader6 June 2020 - 2:56 pm
- unfortunate6 June 2020 - 2:30 pm
- Soaring6 June 2020 - 3:28 pm
- honour6 June 2020 - 2:10 pm
- Insider6 June 2020 - 1:55 pm
- rip6 June 2020 - 1:00 pm