Former Gatanga MP, Peter Kenneth, on Sunday, disclosed that the late Bob Collymore's friends had found a rare bottle of whisky meant for President Uhuru Kenyatta.
Speaking during his mother's memorial service, the former MP stated that the 'boys' club' had searched worldwide for the bottle of whisky that was meant for the president.
He added that the bottle, which had been shipped by special courier from Amsterdam, was the last one available globally, The Star reported.
Earlier reports indicated that the former Safaricom CEO had promised the president a bottle of Johnnie Walker Directors Blend that retails at Ksh 460,000.
The special drink, which is packaged in a 700ml bottle, was released in 2010 and given to senior managers at Diageo.
While speaking during Collymore's memorial service, which was held at All Saints Cathedral in Nairobi, Uhuru revealed that he was disappointed that he did not get time to collect his gift.
He went on to add that the boys' club, which the former Safaricom CEO belonged to, would have to pay for the gift.
"I was supposed to have gone back to collect my gift reserved for a special friend from Bob and so Peter Kenneth, Oigara and crew, you will pay. That did not belong to you," Uhuru had stated.
- different path13 August 2020 - 8:08 pm
- Nabbed13 August 2020 - 8:10 pm
- angered13 August 2020 - 7:17 pm
- terror threat13 August 2020 - 7:24 pm
- feted13 August 2020 - 6:38 pm
- The Truth13 August 2020 - 6:44 pm
- crash13 August 2020 - 6:22 pm
- shining13 August 2020 - 5:59 pm
- Overprotected13 August 2020 - 5:28 pm
- Chaos13 August 2020 - 5:00 pm
- Ambition13 August 2020 - 4:36 pm
- Insider13 August 2020 - 4:19 pm