Blogger Robert Alai, on Monday, found himself in the line of fire over remarks on Bomet Governor Joyce Laboso, which a section of Kenyans described as insensitive in light of her demise.
Alai, in a tweet, opined that the county head's illness had affected the county operations negatively.
"Governor Awiti (Homabay) and Joyce Laboso (Bomet) should leave office until they fully recover. The way they hold the respective counties hostage with their illnesses is wrong. It’s like the counties are their personal properties.
"Awiti is blind. Laboso is in ICU. The counties are really suspending everything waiting for them. Let’s be serious," he added.
His remarks elicited angry reactions from Kenyans online with many calling for Alai to pull his post down.
"Take your tweet down. For respect," one user stated.
Another stated, "You can't talk like this about a dead person."
"You're so insensitive, man. Do you reason before you say anything? You're hurting my emotions," a netizen stated.
"No one is immortal, this is someone's mum, daughter, grandmother, aunt. If you didn't know you'll not live forever," another conveyed.
Laboso passed on at the age of 58 after being admitted at the Nairobi Hospital for the last two weeks in the ICU.
She was the second governor of Bomet County after beating Isaac Ruto in the 2017 general election.
Her passing comes two weeks after she silently jetted back to the country on July 14 after a medical trip to India and the United Kingdom.
Here are more reactions:dead fire
- Worn-out19 August 2022 - 10:06 am
- Horrific19 August 2022 - 9:19 am
- against all odds19 August 2022 - 8:45 am
- Requirements19 August 2022 - 8:03 am
- battle for numbers19 August 2022 - 7:43 am
- Concerns19 August 2022 - 7:06 am
- Last moments18 August 2022 - 8:28 pm
- Remember!18 August 2022 - 8:20 pm
- Peace18 August 2022 - 7:03 pm
- Justice18 August 2022 - 6:27 pm
- Njuri Njeke18 August 2022 - 6:14 pm
- tragedy18 August 2022 - 4:29 pm