The Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI), on Saturday, arrested the rogue matatu crew who pushed a passenger out of a moving vehicle.
“The matatu registration number KCC O21 A are in our custody following the death of 24-year-old Gerald Kimondo. The two, 33-year-old Naphtali Fondo and 20-year-old Alex Gikonyo, pushed the deceased from a moving vehicle causing his death,” the DCI stated in a tweet.
The incident is reported to have happened on August 2, 2019, on Thika Road near Roysambu after the victim had a disagreement with the conductor. He died on the spot.
The conductor of the bus escaped after the incident. However, the bus was impounded and its driver arrested only for him to be released two days after the incident.
The driver was allegedly released on a Ksh60,000 police bond as well as the bus christened Zam Zam.
When the Kasarani OCPD Peter Kimani was asked the reason behind the sudden release of the bus, he hinted that it had been cleared.
“The traffic procedure is that when a vehicle causes an accident, inspection is done, then it is released. But the case still goes on,” the Kasarani OCPD told Citizen TV.
This is not the first time the Zam Zam bus KCC 021A is being accused of such a crime.
On June 13, 2018, a conductor of the same bus allegedly threw out Doreen Kinya Mwiti from the bus while it was in motion.
The Nairobi Institute of Business Studies (NIBS) student also succumbed to her injuries.
The Zam Zam bus was later repainted after the incident.
- new rules15 August 2020 - 7:49 pm
- legal threat15 August 2020 - 7:31 pm
- conman15 August 2020 - 6:12 pm
- new way15 August 2020 - 5:46 pm
- catching up15 August 2020 - 5:48 pm
- must go15 August 2020 - 4:22 pm
- Latest report15 August 2020 - 3:16 pm
- for the love15 August 2020 - 3:29 pm
- Comical15 August 2020 - 2:58 pm
- grisly15 August 2020 - 2:46 pm
- lavish15 August 2020 - 2:00 pm
- go home15 August 2020 - 1:34 pm