The Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI), on Saturday, arrested the rogue matatu crew who pushed a passenger out of a moving vehicle.
“The matatu registration number KCC O21 A are in our custody following the death of 24-year-old Gerald Kimondo. The two, 33-year-old Naphtali Fondo and 20-year-old Alex Gikonyo, pushed the deceased from a moving vehicle causing his death,” the DCI stated in a tweet.
The incident is reported to have happened on August 2, 2019, on Thika Road near Roysambu after the victim had a disagreement with the conductor. He died on the spot.
The conductor of the bus escaped after the incident. However, the bus was impounded and its driver arrested only for him to be released two days after the incident.
The driver was allegedly released on a Ksh60,000 police bond as well as the bus christened Zam Zam.
When the Kasarani OCPD Peter Kimani was asked the reason behind the sudden release of the bus, he hinted that it had been cleared.
“The traffic procedure is that when a vehicle causes an accident, inspection is done, then it is released. But the case still goes on,” the Kasarani OCPD told Citizen TV.
This is not the first time the Zam Zam bus KCC 021A is being accused of such a crime.
On June 13, 2018, a conductor of the same bus allegedly threw out Doreen Kinya Mwiti from the bus while it was in motion.
The Nairobi Institute of Business Studies (NIBS) student also succumbed to her injuries.
The Zam Zam bus was later repainted after the incident.
- second thoughts15 April 2021 - 11:52 am
- Special aide15 April 2021 - 11:44 am
- Balcony farmers15 April 2021 - 11:25 am
- greener pastures15 April 2021 - 11:39 am
- unique15 April 2021 - 10:53 am
- Beware15 April 2021 - 9:27 am
- cache of weapons15 April 2021 - 8:32 am
- Relief15 April 2021 - 8:25 am
- Implicated15 April 2021 - 7:45 am
- hope15 April 2021 - 7:23 am
- dangerous14 April 2021 - 7:33 pm
- this is why14 April 2021 - 7:24 pm