Gatundu South MP Moses Kuria, on Sunday, challenged Africa Union special envoy for Infrastructure, Raila Odinga to reprimand Embakasi East MP, Babu Owino for his controversial remarks.
Babu had, on Friday, posted on social media alleging that there would be chaos and destruction in 2022 should Raila fail to clinch the top seat.
“We must change the constitution and Raila must be the president in 2022. Kenyans must prepare for a Referendum to avoid loss of lives and destruction of properties after elections,” he stated.
The outspoken Gatundu South legislator did not take the statement lying down and demanded that the ODM leader condemn the youthful MP.
"Hon Babu Owino says publicly that we should change the constitution so that Raila Odinga can become President, failure to which there will be bloodshed in 2022. I am still waiting for Raila to contradict his ODM party MP," he posted.
Kuria added that similar remarks were also emanating from Rift Valley where some communities were being threatened to vote in a certain way or face the music in 2022.
"In the Rift Valley some communities are threatened with fire and brimstone if they do not vote in a certain way in 2022," he divulged.
In June, Kuria also condemned Kapseret MP Oscar Sudi over similar remarks.
The push for a referendum is currently gathering momentum with the handshake's Building Bridges Initiative (BBI) taskforce having concluded its public hearings on Friday.
The BBI was formed after the March 9, 2018, peace agreement between President Kenyatta and former Prime Minister Raila Odinga following sporadic violence witnessed following the 2017 presidential election.
- Imagegreenlight10 April 2020 - 9:11 am
- ImagePandemic10 April 2020 - 8:37 am
- Imageangry10 April 2020 - 8:34 am
- Imagesuffering abroad10 April 2020 - 7:13 am
- Imagedo's and donts9 April 2020 - 7:55 pm
- Imageabort mission9 April 2020 - 7:05 pm
- Imagekind9 April 2020 - 6:40 pm
- Imagebedlam9 April 2020 - 6:31 pm
- ImageBeware9 April 2020 - 7:11 pm
- ImageGolden Heart9 April 2020 - 6:49 pm
- Imageswift9 April 2020 - 6:03 pm
- Imageemergency9 April 2020 - 5:57 pm