Police in Kisii county have launched a manhunt for burglars who broke into the house of an MP, and made away with household items of unknown value.
It was not clear how the thugs gained access to Kitutu Chache North MP, Jimmy Angwenyi's, house while he had a guard.
Marani Sub-County Police Chief, Hilary Tarus, revealed that they were zeroing in on the guard as the first suspect.
"Being on guard during the time of the incident we believe he holds crucial leads into this theft," the SCPC revealed.
The Star reported that detectives visited the scene early, on Tuesday, to dust for fingerprints.
Tarus further revealed that a TV, kitchenware and other items were stolen during the raid.
"We suspect the incident took place between 11 and 12 midnight," the officer stated.
"We want to know if this person acted alone or was with an accomplice," he added.
It was not clear whether the residence under police guard during the theft.
In 2018 thieves broke into East African Legislative Assembly lawmaker Oburu Odinga’s home and stole more than a thousand chicken in his poultry yard.
The burglars are said to be operating in Bondo, raising the rate of insecurity in the town.
- buried hatchet1 June 2020 - 4:22 pm
- costly outing1 June 2020 - 3:48 pm
- congratulations1 June 2020 - 3:43 pm
- Almost normal1 June 2020 - 2:54 pm
- past lessons1 June 2020 - 2:32 pm
- extra-judicial1 June 2020 - 2:08 pm
- Score card1 June 2020 - 1:50 pm
- here's Why1 June 2020 - 1:06 pm
- Spotted1 June 2020 - 12:09 pm
- in person1 June 2020 - 12:04 pm
- Punishment1 June 2020 - 11:37 am
- Anticipations1 June 2020 - 11:38 am