A Nairobi resident, Philip Sagoti, on Wednesday, bought an ad-space on Daily Nation and penned a letter requesting Nairobi Governor, Mike Mbuvi Sonko, to offer him a job.
In the letter, Sagoti stated that he was a university graduate with over 15 years of experience in public service.
"Hon. Sonko I have reached out to you openly because I am not sure if my earlier communication did reach you. I also know that you cherish openness and transparency.
"I am driven by a strong conviction that I could make a significant contribution to your efforts to improve Nairobi city," Sigoi wrote.
He also vowed that he would meet the expectations of the Nairobi residents if he was accorded the opportunity.
"I look forward to your consideration to make me part of the leadership in Nairobi county," he concluded.
The Nairobi Deputy Governor seat was left vacant after January 2018, after Polycarp Igathe resigned.
Igathe claimed that he had failed to earn the governor's trust in driving the administration and management duties of the county.
In April 2019, when the Nairobi Governor was summoned by the Senate to explain why he did not have a deputy, he divulged that it was a non-issue.
“You cannot abuse your powers and compel me to appoint a DG. I cannot say the steps unless you senators pass the County Government Bill and it's accepted by the president. Until then I will not,” he told the Senate Committee on Devolution and Intergovernmental Relations.
- Covid-1925 May 2020 - 5:20 pm
- tots on air25 May 2020 - 4:50 pm
- latest25 May 2020 - 4:31 pm
- Another One25 May 2020 - 4:26 pm
- the journey25 May 2020 - 3:26 pm
- Protests25 May 2020 - 3:12 pm
- Clarification25 May 2020 - 2:36 pm
- next level25 May 2020 - 1:50 pm
- Extreme Measures25 May 2020 - 1:03 pm
- coming clean25 May 2020 - 12:40 pm
- winning25 May 2020 - 11:48 am
- Head On25 May 2020 - 11:08 am