The Orange Democratic Party (ODM), has come out to categorically deny reports published by the Sunday Nation, regarding their party leader, Raila Odinga's, bid for the presidency in 2022.
"ODM Party wishes to alert the public to the false and erroneous reporting appearing in today's Sunday Nation paper, to the effect that Party Leader HE Raila Odinga has declared his candidature for the 2022 Presidential race," read an excerpt of their statement.
According to the information featured as the cover story, Raila hinted at his intention to take yet anothet stab at the presidency in the upcoming 2022 general elections.
"At no time during his speech at the burial of the late mama Eva Donde did the party leader discuss the 2022 election," Edwin Sifuna - the party's Secretary-General divulged.
Sifuna went on to emphasise that Raila was committed to his new partnership with President Uhuru Kenyatta, with a clear aim of creating a sustainable future for the entire nation.
The opposition party then went on to blast the major publication for getting involved in the 'fake news' business.
"It is clear there are elements within the media keen on peddling falsehoods with the intention of stoking public disaffection with initiatives by the Party Leader and HE President Uhuru Kenyatta to bring the nation together and bridge longstanding rifts," read a section of the party's official statement.
This came barely an hour after Deputy President William Ruto slammed the Standard over a similar incident.
In his case, the publication had ran a story claiming that DP Ruto had referred to the Building Bridges Initiative (BBI) as a waste of time as well as public resources.
"The public is urged to treat the fake News headline story by today's Sunday Nation paper with the contempt it deserves," Sifuna reiterated.
- ImageBold Determination27 February 2020 - 4:58 pm
- ImageBizarre27 February 2020 - 4:48 pm
- ImageMemories27 February 2020 - 4:06 pm
- ImageDress Down27 February 2020 - 3:56 pm
- Imageconsequences27 February 2020 - 3:44 pm
- ImagePart Ways27 February 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Imagelisten up27 February 2020 - 2:33 pm
- ImageCorridors of Justice27 February 2020 - 2:05 pm
- Imagepublic notice27 February 2020 - 4:23 pm
- Imageopportunity27 February 2020 - 2:58 pm
- ImageBy the Bullet27 February 2020 - 1:43 pm
- Imagebig brother27 February 2020 - 1:46 pm