Popular musician, John Ng’ang’a Mwangi alias John De’Mathew, cried hours before he was involved in the fatal road accident near Bluehost, along Thika Road.
According to his fellow Kikuyu musician, Mike Rua, the two had been at a fundraiser in Gatanga, to support Peter Kigia's (who is also a musician) ailing child.
He narrated that during the time, De' Matthew got emotional and started crying about an incident that had occurred in the past.
“I spent most of Sunday with him. Just before we parted ways he was crying when I brought something up which I cannot remember since we were partying,” Rua told The Standard.
While heading home from the fundraiser, the musician died in a road accident after his vehicle, a Nissan Navara pick-up, rammed into a trailer.
He was pronounced dead on arrival at Thika Nursing Home.
Speaking to journalists on Monday, the driver of the lorry stated that he was on his way to Sagana from Athi River, when a speeding vehicle hit him from behind.
"When I got here at Blue Post, a car belonging to DeMathew hit me at the back.
"He was removed from the car by good samaritans who rushed him to hospital as I waited for the traffic police to show up," the driver told journalists at the scene.
On Saturday, he had performed in a club, Tracc Palace, which would be his last.
- ImageLoan Rangers27 February 2020 - 5:27 pm
- ImageBold Determination27 February 2020 - 4:58 pm
- ImageBizarre27 February 2020 - 4:48 pm
- ImageMemories27 February 2020 - 4:06 pm
- ImageDress Down27 February 2020 - 3:56 pm
- Imageconsequences27 February 2020 - 3:44 pm
- ImagePart Ways27 February 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Imagelisten up27 February 2020 - 2:33 pm
- ImageCorridors of Justice27 February 2020 - 2:05 pm
- Imagepublic notice27 February 2020 - 4:23 pm
- Imageopportunity27 February 2020 - 2:58 pm
- ImageBy the Bullet27 February 2020 - 1:43 pm