Popular musician, John Ng’ang’a Mwangi alias John De’Mathew, cried hours before he was involved in the fatal road accident near Bluehost, along Thika Road.
According to his fellow Kikuyu musician, Mike Rua, the two had been at a fundraiser in Gatanga, to support Peter Kigia's (who is also a musician) ailing child.
He narrated that during the time, De' Matthew got emotional and started crying about an incident that had occurred in the past.
“I spent most of Sunday with him. Just before we parted ways he was crying when I brought something up which I cannot remember since we were partying,” Rua told The Standard.
While heading home from the fundraiser, the musician died in a road accident after his vehicle, a Nissan Navara pick-up, rammed into a trailer.
He was pronounced dead on arrival at Thika Nursing Home.
Speaking to journalists on Monday, the driver of the lorry stated that he was on his way to Sagana from Athi River, when a speeding vehicle hit him from behind.
"When I got here at Blue Post, a car belonging to DeMathew hit me at the back.
"He was removed from the car by good samaritans who rushed him to hospital as I waited for the traffic police to show up," the driver told journalists at the scene.
On Saturday, he had performed in a club, Tracc Palace, which would be his last.
- comical6 July 2020 - 7:04 pm
- aluta continua6 July 2020 - 6:42 pm
- Moves6 July 2020 - 6:30 pm
- Comeback6 July 2020 - 5:52 pm
- Ray of Hope6 July 2020 - 4:44 pm
- latest6 July 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Soaring6 July 2020 - 4:26 pm
- Reactions6 July 2020 - 4:03 pm
- frontliners6 July 2020 - 3:22 pm
- latest6 July 2020 - 2:15 pm
- Open Skies6 July 2020 - 1:49 pm
- Explained6 July 2020 - 2:49 pm