Jimmy Kibaki, the son of retired President Mwai Kibaki, once told the nation how President Uhuru Kenyatta used to suffer in the hands of one of their teachers at Saint Mary School, Nairobi.
Speaking at the funeral service of his late mother, Lucy Kibaki, Jimmy stated that he once complained about how he was caned often.
"I remember being caned for a long time at Saint Mary's. One day I went and I told her, 'mum do you know that every Friday I'm being caned?'.
"There's one particular Irish priest who was very enthusiastic and I believe His Excellency the President know the priest I'm talking about because I'm told he was quite familiar with his cane," the younger Kibaki told the mourners.
The sombre mood that had engulfed the audience was momentarily taken over by laughter.
Lucy refused to intervene on her son's constant caning by the priest.
Jimmy's mother told him that she could no longer cane her 'naughty' son and that is why she let the priest do it.
When Uhuru rose to speak, he did not shy away from reacting to Jimmy's revelations.
"This is not a day talk a lot because much has already been said and Jimmy has spilt my secrets now I don't know where to hide.
"He could have just kept them to himself no worries the cat is already out of the bag," Uhuru joked.
- EXPLAINED2 December 2022 - 8:02 pm
- Changes2 December 2022 - 6:34 pm
- Fairy Tale2 December 2022 - 7:40 pm
- Quit2 December 2022 - 6:20 pm
- Accolades2 December 2022 - 7:53 pm
- Staff purge2 December 2022 - 6:04 pm
- delight2 December 2022 - 5:27 pm
- Crash2 December 2022 - 5:23 pm
- DISAPPOINTMENT2 December 2022 - 5:15 pm
- Partnership2 December 2022 - 5:05 pm
- Strategy2 December 2022 - 4:40 pm
- Struck Out2 December 2022 - 4:31 pm