President Uhuru Kenyatta, on Thursday, reorganised government ministries.
According to an Executive Order dated August 22, that the Department of Immigration at the Interior Ministry has been merged with the Interior Affairs docket.
Previously, the Interior Ministry had three state departments, namely the Immigration and Citizen Services, Correctional Services and the Interior Affairs.
CS Fred Matiang'i has been added more duties such as co-ordinating the delivery of national priorities and flagship programmes as well as maintaining national cohesion and values.
Uhuru has also moved the Irrigation docket from the Ministry of Agriculture to Water which will be renamed to Ministry of Water & Sanitation and Irrigation.
CS Kiunjuri's ministry will have to drop the term 'irrigation' from its name.
Previously, it was referred to as the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation.
The Ministry of Public Service, Youth & Gender has been mandated to conduct public service performance management and monitoring.
The Ministry of East African Community & Regional Development had been given the additional function to provide Kenya - South Sudan liaison services.
"There is a compelling need to orientate the scope and mandate of various ministries, state departments and state agencies, to expedite the ongoing implementation of the transformative vision for a better Kenya espoused as the Big Four Agenda.
"It has become necessary to effect changes in the structure of the Executive, to embed operational enhancements in ministries, state departments and state agencies," read the Executive Order.
- Imagewow27 February 2020 - 5:56 pm
- ImageLoan Rangers27 February 2020 - 5:27 pm
- ImageBold Determination27 February 2020 - 4:58 pm
- ImageBizarre27 February 2020 - 4:48 pm
- ImageMemories27 February 2020 - 4:06 pm
- ImageDress Down27 February 2020 - 3:56 pm
- Imageconsequences27 February 2020 - 3:44 pm
- ImagePart Ways27 February 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Imagelisten up27 February 2020 - 2:33 pm
- ImageCorridors of Justice27 February 2020 - 2:05 pm
- Imagepublic notice27 February 2020 - 4:23 pm
- Imageopportunity27 February 2020 - 2:58 pm