Deputy President, William Ruto, on Saturday, responded to former Kiambu Governor, William Kabogo after he addressed him on early campaigns.
In the presence of President Uhuru Kenyatta, Kabogo told the deputy president and former prime minister, Raila Odinga, to shun from early campaigns.
"Lets reduce politics on the 2022 elections so that our country can develop and the people who can be able to stop these politics are only two people and we have one of them in our presence today.
"However, I asked the other one to attend the ceremony but he did not make it. We love our Deputy President but let us stop early campaigns," Kabogo stated.
While delivering his tribute, the deputy president downplayed Kabogo's sentiments, stating that he was not campaigning.
"Mheshimiwa Rais, Kabogo saa zingine ni mchokozi kwa sababu amekuja kunishtaki kwako ati huwa napenda kufanya siasa.
(Your excellency, sometimes Kabogo likes to stir up trouble but I would like to say that what Kabogo has said is not true. I do not engage in politics)" he stated as the mourners burst out laughing.
The two were speaking during the late De' Mathew's funeral service.
The popular Benga musician died in a road crash along the Thika Superhighway.
He was headed home after attending a fundraiser for fellow musician, Peter Kagia’s ailing child. He was pronounced dead on arrival at Thika Nursing Home.
- comical6 July 2020 - 7:04 pm
- aluta continua6 July 2020 - 6:42 pm
- Moves6 July 2020 - 6:30 pm
- Comeback6 July 2020 - 5:52 pm
- Ray of Hope6 July 2020 - 4:44 pm
- latest6 July 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Soaring6 July 2020 - 4:26 pm
- Reactions6 July 2020 - 4:03 pm
- frontliners6 July 2020 - 3:22 pm
- latest6 July 2020 - 2:15 pm
- Open Skies6 July 2020 - 1:49 pm
- Explained6 July 2020 - 2:49 pm