Kenya National Union of Teachers (KNUT) Secretary General, Wilson Sossion, has stated that he will only resign under one condition.
Speaking during a press conference on Wednesday, the KNUT boss announced that he would only step aside if voted out by delegates.
“I’m not quitting…I’m not quitting…and I cannot be removed. Forget about it, no matter how much money they use, I am not on trial. I will only go home if the delegates say so,” he remarked.
He accused the Teachers Service Commission (TSC) of interfering with KNUT's matters by using lies, propaganda and cheap campaigns.
“Once more, we urge TSC to obey the law…You’ll never select the KNUT Secretary General, it will never happen. KNUT remains the union of choice for teachers in the country. All the propaganda and lies out there are cheap campaigns," he added.
Sossion alleged that the commission was plotting to appoint his replacement in KNUT. The two entities have had a protracted row over an array of issues including teacher transfers and promotions.
The frosty relations have led to TSC's failure to remit commissions to KNUT for the last two months.
On July 29, 2019, the Employment and Labour Relations Court ruled that Sossion should not be removed from the teachers' register.
“We are in a tight corner as a union because we are unable to even run operations at the branches,” a high-ranking KNUT official stated previously.
- Saviour19 May 2022 - 3:29 pm
- Expansion19 May 2022 - 2:59 pm
- Freedom19 May 2022 - 2:37 pm
- Embattled19 May 2022 - 2:04 pm
- Get Paid19 May 2022 - 2:12 pm
- Responds19 May 2022 - 1:57 pm
- Heart of Gold19 May 2022 - 2:16 pm
- Blurred lines19 May 2022 - 1:39 pm
- Suspected19 May 2022 - 12:55 pm
- Generosity19 May 2022 - 12:14 pm
- Blow19 May 2022 - 11:08 am
- Intervenes19 May 2022 - 11:50 am