Amani National Congress (ANC) Party leader, Musalia Mudavadi, on Friday, called on Wiper Party leader, Kalonzo Musyoka, to go easy on his fellow counterparts from the Ukambani region.
Mudavadi was speaking during his tour of Makueni County, courtesy of the area Governor Kivutha Kibwana.
The former Sabatia MP urged Kalonzo to allow room for a little sibling rivalry in his backyard and not take Kibwana's and Machakos Governor Alfred Mutua's interest in vying for the Presidency as enmity.
“Kibwana has shown his interest in serving Kenyans as a president. He is constitutionally right and Kenyans should not think he is wrong.
“Let it not be treated as hostility or enmity when a politician declares interest in serving Kenyans, whether as president, governor or MP,” the former vice president affirmed.
Kibwana, who spoke before Mudavadi, had appealed to the ANC boss to intervene and show the Ukambani people how ambitious leaders can co-exist, without feeling threatened by each other.
He pointed out that the Luyha community had produced three presidential aspirants before, without the conflict being witnessed in Ukambani.
“Teach us how to do it so that when Kalonzo, Alfred Mutua and I declare interest in the presidential seat, none of us sees the other as a spoiler,” Kibwana requested.
Mudavadi and Kibwana, who have both declared interest in contesting for the Presidency in 2022, revealed that they had formed a working relationship since they both shared the same visions.
The former vice president heaped praise on the Makueni governor when he toured Kalamba Fruit Processing plant and the Makueni Mother and Child Hospital and called on other leaders to emulate Kibwana's development record.
- exquisite28 November 2021 - 1:50 pm
- SHAKEN28 November 2021 - 12:46 pm
- expert opinion28 November 2021 - 1:13 pm
- Take Note28 November 2021 - 11:32 am
- LOGGERHEADS28 November 2021 - 11:26 am
- on the spot28 November 2021 - 10:36 am
- TEACHING28 November 2021 - 10:16 am
- HELPED28 November 2021 - 9:58 am
- Murky Waters28 November 2021 - 9:40 am
- Gloves off28 November 2021 - 9:10 am
- revealed28 November 2021 - 7:53 am
- Up in Flames28 November 2021 - 7:25 am