Majority Leader, Aden Duale, on Wednesday, September 11, slammed Kikuyu MP, Kimani Ichung'wa, for mentioning the phrase in parliament.
While addressing parliamentarians, the Kikuyu MP stated that he was well versed with the government projects because had been 'tangatangaring'.
His comment was not taken lightly by the majority leader, who stated that the phrase should be banned in parliament.
“Tanga Tanga is not an English word and the honorable member should not use this Parliament to spread the agenda of his movement. If he wants to do that let him resign from Jubilee and turn his movement into a political party. I will whip out so that he stops Chairing the Budget committee," Duale remarked.
He further alleged that the MP was to blame for the arrest of Kiharu MP, Ndindi Nyoro.
“This is the man who made Nyoro be arrested. He is recruiting people everywhere,” Duale stated.
Nyoro was arrested on Monday, September 7, after a confrontation ensued between him and nominated MP Maina Kamanda.
The two disrupted service in Gitui catholic church after Nyoro cited protocol breach and insisted on taking over the function.
When his turn came, he addressed the crowd and insisted on inviting a guest to speak, a matter that Kamanda objected to.
- buried hatchet1 June 2020 - 4:22 pm
- costly outing1 June 2020 - 3:48 pm
- congratulations1 June 2020 - 3:43 pm
- Almost normal1 June 2020 - 2:54 pm
- past lessons1 June 2020 - 2:32 pm
- extra-judicial1 June 2020 - 2:08 pm
- Score card1 June 2020 - 1:50 pm
- here's Why1 June 2020 - 1:06 pm
- Spotted1 June 2020 - 12:09 pm
- in person1 June 2020 - 12:04 pm
- Punishment1 June 2020 - 11:37 am
- Anticipations1 June 2020 - 11:38 am