A primary school teacher at St. Paul's Gulf academy in Bondo, Everline Akinyi, was on Tuesday, September 17, stabbed by her husband in a classroom full of pupils.
Citizen Digital reported that Kevin Otieno, the teacher's husband, stormed into the classroom and demanded Akinyi for her mobile phone after which, he walked out only to return moments later.
It was at that moment that Otieno reportedly served the 25-year-old teacher with blows and kicks in the full glare of pupils.
Akinyi was stabbed on the neck and cheek as the pupils screamed for help.
The school director, Indere Ambajo, disclosed that Otieno tried to escape from the scene of the incident but was met by an angry mob who were ready to take the law into their own hands.
However, the police moved swiftly to save the 32-year-old Otieno from the mob.
He was arrested and taken to Bondo Police Station but was later released under circumstances that have not yet been established.
Akinyi was rushed to Bondo Sub-county Referral Hospital for treatment.
- not yet uhuru6 June 2020 - 6:02 pm
- get ready6 June 2020 - 5:20 pm
- full speech6 June 2020 - 4:13 pm
- Gradual6 June 2020 - 4:15 pm
- Not yet over6 June 2020 - 3:47 pm
- free to move6 June 2020 - 3:37 pm
- Anxious6 June 2020 - 2:40 pm
- smart leader6 June 2020 - 2:56 pm
- unfortunate6 June 2020 - 2:30 pm
- Soaring6 June 2020 - 3:28 pm
- honour6 June 2020 - 2:10 pm
- Insider6 June 2020 - 1:55 pm