Jubilee Kibra Candidate McDonald Mariga on Wednesday, September 25, appealed to Kibra residents stating that he would adopt a grassroots approach in addressing issues in the constituency.
Speaking during a meeting with the voters, Mariga stated that he was ready to engage with them on matters of sports, youth and women empowerment.
He stated that after he wins the seat, he would not hide in an office away from the people rather he would be on the ground listening to the residents' issues.
"I don't want an office when elected. I will operate from the ground where the youth, women and all the residents are. There will be no hiding," he stated.
Deputy President William Ruto, who was also present in the meeting stated that they deliberated on issues of incomplete projects in Kibra, Nairobi County with groups of youth, women and men.
"We will institute a working mechanism, which will restructure and conclude the programmes, under the reformed NYS, to the benefit of the Kibra community," he stated.
The video of Mariga addressing the crowd made rounds on social media over a phrase he repeatedly used in his address - "Sindiyo" which means "Are we in agreement?"
He used the phrase after every statement trying to engage the residents who were in attendance.
After watching the video a witty online user coined the term "McDonald "Sindiyo" Mariga."
Here is the video:
- Money Bags10 July 2020 - 10:53 am
- chosen few10 July 2020 - 10:23 am
- Changes10 July 2020 - 9:51 am
- face the music10 July 2020 - 9:03 am
- Under Siege10 July 2020 - 8:41 am
- decision10 July 2020 - 8:20 am
- Alert10 July 2020 - 7:30 am
- Opulence10 July 2020 - 7:11 am
- Revealed10 July 2020 - 8:14 am
- vacancies9 July 2020 - 7:35 pm
- Revealed9 July 2020 - 6:40 pm
- loud9 July 2020 - 5:25 pm