Wiper leader Kalonzo Musyoka, on Saturday, October 5, intimated that his party was preparing to sue former Prime Minister Raila Odinga's party over a Ksh4 billion row.
Kalonzo, alongside Musalia Mudavadi’s Amani National Congress (ANC) and Moses Wetang’ula’s Ford-Kenya, have vowed to fight for the money awarded to their troubled political outfit, National Super Alliance (Nasa)
They argued that the money was not shared proportionately and that they received far less than they deserved.
“We are currently deliberating on the framework. This is the money we will follow up and we will get it only that ODM is being stubborn
“If we fail to agree as provided for in the coalition’s internal instruments, we will go to the political parties’ dispute tribunal. If we fail to get justice at the tribunal, we will proceed until we exhaust all the appeals mechanism,” explained Wiper Secretary-General Judith Sijeny.
Her sentiments were shared by Mudavadi's private secretary Kibisu Kabatesi who revealed that they were ready to battle it out in courts if push came to shove.
“We are in pursuit of justice together with Wiper. We will be together in court if we fail to address the issues as Nasa and at the tribunal,” he stated.
This chaos erupted after the Registrar of Political Parties Anne Nderitu revealed in Parliament on Thursday, October 3, that despite the parties coming together to form Nasa, there was no agreement on how funds should be shared among the parties.
In June, Kenyans.co.ke reported that ODM had received the payment after a sharp 8-year battle with the parliament over the arrears.
ODM filed a suit claiming that the state owed it the money in a stretch of four years from 2011 to 2016 and was demanding members of parliament to settle all of it.
- Imageshots fired10 April 2020 - 10:03 am
- Imagehidden agenda?10 April 2020 - 10:07 am
- ImageAnother One10 April 2020 - 9:56 am
- Imagegreenlight10 April 2020 - 9:11 am
- ImagePandemic10 April 2020 - 8:37 am
- Imageangry10 April 2020 - 8:34 am
- Imagesuffering abroad10 April 2020 - 7:13 am
- Imagedo's and donts9 April 2020 - 7:55 pm
- Imageabort mission9 April 2020 - 7:05 pm
- Imagekind9 April 2020 - 6:40 pm
- Imagebedlam9 April 2020 - 6:31 pm
- ImageBeware9 April 2020 - 7:11 pm