President Uhuru Kenyatta on Saturday sent his congratulatory message to Eliud Kipchoge after he shattered the INOES1:59 Challenge.
In the message, the president narrated his proudest moment after watching the elite athlete crossed the finish line.
Uhuru announced that he was excited to see Kipchoge rush to grab the Kenyan flag.
"The greatest moments for me was when I saw you cross the line 20 seconds short of 2 hours and the first thing you put in your hand was the Kenyan flag," Uhuru narrated.
The president further congratulated the athlete for showing that there was no limit to the human ability.
"Congratulations first and foremost for your great success and by showing the extent of human endurance, you have made the world proud.
"You have shown each and every one of us what we can do if we put our minds, bodies, souls and spirits to it," the president stated.
He also acknowledged that the athlete had set an example to all living people in the entire globe.
The president then turned his attention to Kenyans, urging them to follow in the footsteps of the marathoner.
"Hongera Eliud Kipchoge, Hongera Kenya na asanteni (Congratulations Eliud, Congratulations Kenya and thank you)," Kenyatta concluded.
- Almost normal1 June 2020 - 2:54 pm
- past lessons1 June 2020 - 2:32 pm
- extra-judicial1 June 2020 - 2:08 pm
- Score card1 June 2020 - 1:50 pm
- here's Why1 June 2020 - 1:06 pm
- Spotted1 June 2020 - 12:09 pm
- in person1 June 2020 - 12:04 pm
- Punishment1 June 2020 - 11:37 am
- Anticipations1 June 2020 - 11:38 am
- still got it1 June 2020 - 11:21 am
- Insider1 June 2020 - 9:57 am
- hard pass1 June 2020 - 9:24 am