On Tuesday, October 15, Kenyans took to Twitter to express their dissatisfaction with President Uhuru Kenyatta's government.
With the #DearUhuruKenyatta hashtag, which became a trending topic, they told the president that they were displeased with how he was running the government.
The outrage seemed to have been prompted by the appointment of former Othaya MP Mary Wambui as the National Employment Authority chair.
Many Kenyans advocated that a younger person could have been given the job.
"Dear Uhuru Kenyatta some people thought you would bring change because you were younger and seemingly smarter and more eloquent than those that came before you. You’ve driven the youth agenda into the ground by giving the oldest individuals jobs," Nasi commented.
"Mary Wambui cannot even construct a simple sentence in English but has been made the chairperson of Employment Authority of Kenya...How will she chair the board meetings?" Muhammad Onyango questioned.
"I regret voting for you. I regret wasting my time on the queue. I regret being a Jubilee supporter," Sammy weighed in.
"If being stupid was a crime, I would be serving a 15-year jail term. How was I convinced to vote for President Uhuru Kenyatta on 26th as a birthday present? I failed this nation! Never again!" Arnold vowed.
The former Othaya MP is expected to serve as the chair of NEA for a duration of three years.
Wambui will take over from Winnie Pertet, who served as chair from its inception till the end of her term.
Below are more comments;
- Revealed20 June 2021 - 5:58 pm
- On the verge20 June 2021 - 5:54 pm
- Heartwarming20 June 2021 - 5:58 pm
- Revealed20 June 2021 - 4:04 pm
- Tables Turn20 June 2021 - 2:21 pm
- Father's Love20 June 2021 - 1:13 pm
- Rescue Mission20 June 2021 - 12:48 pm
- high politics20 June 2021 - 11:40 am
- About Time20 June 2021 - 12:05 pm
- On the Spot20 June 2021 - 12:07 pm
- Revealed20 June 2021 - 9:20 am
- Pay Up20 June 2021 - 8:04 am