The Jubilee Party through its secretary-general Raphael Tuju on Wednesday, October 16, made its final decision regarding the drama around Nairobi speaker Beatrice Elachi.
The party had convened a meeting of the party's conflict resolution committee in order to review the issue.
Tuju announced that the party would stand in solidarity with Elachi as the speaker of the County Assembly of Nairobi.
He further stated that any other disputes from members were to be handled by the conflict resolution committee of the party.
Elachi was embroiled in a protracted battle with majority leader Abdi Guyo that saw her impeached as the county assembly speaker only to be reinstated by the court.
After resuming office, Elachi's first course of action was to assent to a letter that sought to replace Guyo as the majority leader.
The letter had been prepared by Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko and seconded by Tuju before Elachi hit the final nail on Guyo's majority leadership coffin.
Guyo was replaced by Hamza Maringo MCA Mark Ndung'u.
- brace yourselves7 July 2020 - 8:45 am
- Our Take7 July 2020 - 8:19 am
- Under Siege7 July 2020 - 7:25 am
- one more hurdle7 July 2020 - 7:34 am
- oops6 July 2020 - 8:57 pm
- comical6 July 2020 - 7:04 pm
- aluta continua6 July 2020 - 6:42 pm
- Moves6 July 2020 - 6:30 pm
- Comeback6 July 2020 - 5:52 pm
- Ray of Hope6 July 2020 - 4:44 pm
- latest6 July 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Soaring6 July 2020 - 4:26 pm