The gruesome murder of Machakos Catholic priest, Father Michael Maingi Kyengo, has blown the lid off his relationship with a 25-year-old nursery school trained teacher.
A report byThe Standard indicated that the cleric exchanged romantic messages with the man who is now being probed over his murder.
According to the police, the two often referred to each other as 'my dear' and 'my love' which proves that Kyengo and the man might have been in a relationship.
Sources privy to the matter revealed that authorities were considering a second round of examination to confirm if the deceased had intercourse before his death.
On Thursday, October 17, officers from the Special Crimes Prevention Unit (SPCU) travelled to Gaitegi village in Embu County where they confirmed that Kyengo was killed inside a rented house belonging to the suspect.
The knife which was allegedly used to commit the heinous act was recovered in a pit latrine in the suspect's home.
Villagers who spoke to the publication on condition of anonymity revealed that Kyengo and the suspect have known each other since 2008 when they met at a seminary.
A motorbike operator who drove the priest’s vehicle from Embu to Malindi on the night of October 9 is being considered as a state witness.
Police claim that the suspect asked the boda boda rider to drive him to Malindi since he did not have a driving license despite knowing how to drive.death murder killed probe suspect
- RIP28 January 2023 - 10:49 am
- friendship28 January 2023 - 10:34 am
- WARNING28 January 2023 - 10:07 am
- Tragic28 January 2023 - 9:24 am
- EXPLAINED28 January 2023 - 9:02 am
- dreams come true28 January 2023 - 8:26 am
- CHANGE OF TUNE28 January 2023 - 7:43 am
- demands28 January 2023 - 7:23 am
- Explanation28 January 2023 - 7:30 am
- Innovative28 January 2023 - 8:44 am
- Haste27 January 2023 - 8:07 pm
- Opposed27 January 2023 - 7:56 pm