Former Citizen TV anchor Jacque Maribe on Sunday, October 20, decisively expressed her opinion on the Head of State's Commendation (HSC) she received from President Uhuru Kenyatta.
While showing her support to Digital Strategist Dennis Itumbi who was appearing at K24 TV's interview show Punchline, Maribe called for more research on the awards.
"Question is he (Itumbi) and I among others got HSC awards. Problem is people don't research how these awards are given. Riswa! Tunaelewa! Mungu mbele (we understand).
"I am, Jacque Maribe, HSC," she affirmed via her Instagram account.
President Uhuru Kenyatta's decision to honour Maribe with an HSC award alongside controversial blogger Robert Alai, Itumbi and Martin Kamotho popularly referred to as Githeri man had been the subject of heavy criticism since 2017.
Whereas Githeriman's award was mocked for Kamotho's insignificant contribution to Kenya, Maribe and Itumbi's awards were associated with political patronage.
Itumbi, while appearing on K24 TV's Punchline on Sunday, October 20, defended his award arguing that it was, in fact, the lowest form of commendation.
"It is the only award with the title - Head of State. It's just an award from the president as my boss which means you've done a good job," he revealed.
The HSC is bestowed on two divisions; Military and Civilian. During the 54th Jamhuri Day celebrations in 2017, Uhuru honoured 41 military personnel and 58 civilians.
- Imagetroops24 February 2020 - 5:23 pm
- ImageBrace Yourselves24 February 2020 - 5:07 pm
- ImageI'm not afraid24 February 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Imageswitching lanes24 February 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Imagebizarre24 February 2020 - 3:28 pm
- ImageLife-Threatening24 February 2020 - 3:41 pm
- Imagewhat next?24 February 2020 - 3:00 pm
- Imagesmart business24 February 2020 - 2:06 pm
- ImageKenyans Asks24 February 2020 - 5:51 pm
- Imageballers24 February 2020 - 5:42 pm
- Imagebold24 February 2020 - 12:59 pm
- ImageUnsettling24 February 2020 - 12:48 pm