On Saturday, October 19 Deputy President William Ruto attended the wedding ceremony of Waceera Kihara and the love of her life Kiragu Mwangi.
Waceera, the daughter to Naivasha MP Jane Kihara, and her fiance walked down the aisle in a colourful wedding at a private ceremony which took place at an undisclosed location.
In a video shared by the Daily Nation, the DP alongside Elgeyo Marakwet Senator Kipchumba Murkomen joined the bride and her man on the dance floor for a few minutes before getting to his speech.
When given the opportunity to speak, the DP went straight to offering advice to parents who were in the ceremony as well as the couple of the day.
"Let us take time to bring up our children," the DP started.
He noted that parents did not take time to attend to their children which sometimes landed the children in trouble.
"Sometimes as parents, we do not take out time with our children and sometimes they find themselves in situations we might regret," he further revealed.
Ruto asked the parents to be keen on the fact that real dangers stared directly at their children, giving drugs and substance abuse as examples.
"There are real threats to our children but it takes parents taking their time and making sure they are concerned about where their children are, what they are doing, who their friends are and that kind of thing." a passionate DP continued.
He concluded his speech by affirming the fact that most children got misled because they were ignorant and thus needed constant guidance and mentorship.
- Imagetroops24 February 2020 - 5:23 pm
- ImageBrace Yourselves24 February 2020 - 5:07 pm
- ImageI'm not afraid24 February 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Imageswitching lanes24 February 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Imagebizarre24 February 2020 - 3:28 pm
- ImageLife-Threatening24 February 2020 - 3:41 pm
- Imagewhat next?24 February 2020 - 3:00 pm
- Imagesmart business24 February 2020 - 2:06 pm
- ImageKenyans Asks24 February 2020 - 5:51 pm
- Imageballers24 February 2020 - 5:42 pm
- Imagebold24 February 2020 - 12:59 pm
- ImageUnsettling24 February 2020 - 12:48 pm