Puzzle as KCPE Candidate Dies After Being Electrocuted During Exams

  • A KCPE candidate from Gatembe Primary School in Nyamira died on Wednesday, October 30, after he was electrocuted while on lunch break.

    The pupil is alleged to have climbed a water tank located within the school compound and touched wires that were hanging loose when he got electrocuted.

    According to a report by the Daily Nation, the boy was rushed to a local dispensary for treatment but lost his life while receiving treatment.

    Police officers in Tharaka-Nithi County being briefed in Chuka town on October 29, 2019, before leaving to guard KCPE exams.

    The teachers who were greatly saddened by the incident stated that the boy was one of the top performers in the school and they were expecting good results from him in the final exam.

    Nyamira County Commissioner Amos Mariba confirmed the incident and further noted that the police were investigating the matter.

    His body was taken to the Nyamira Hospital mortuary.

    Meanwhile, on Tuesday, October 30, a drunk police officer manning KCPE examination caused panic among students after he shot in the air.

    As reported by Daily Nation, candidates of Kiini Boarding Primary School in Maara Sub-County, Tharaka-Nithi County were left scampering for safety after the scare.

    The incident happened at around 1:30 p.m. right after the pupil had completed their English paper.

    Police Constable Harrison Mutheke who is attached to Chogoria Police Station, suddenly fired from his G3 rifle, however, no injuries were reported.

    Mutheke was subjected to a breathalyser test, that read positive, affirming that he had been drunk when he opened fire.

    The centre's supervisor, Ruth Muthoni, reported the matter to Mitheru Police Post upon which Maara Sub-County Police Commander Johnston Kabusia took stern action on the officer.

    A police officer holding a gun. A drunk officer on Tuesday, October 29 opened fire scaring students in the process.