Early in 2019, Stephen Otieno AKA Stivo Simple Boy shot to fame after reintroducing to Kenyans his hit song Vijana Tuache Mihadarati.
As his profile rose in the Kenyan music scene, the young ambitious rapper was supported by his sister.
During an interview with K24 TV's Betty Kyallo on her Show Weekend With Betty, Stivo Simple Boy unveiled his sister Linet whom he described as strict.
Linet revealed that she would give her brother support to pursue his music career.
she stated that whenever the music star went offline, his management team would call her to confirm his whereabouts.
"There are times, his manager, Oyoo, can't reach him (Stivo Simple boy) and that's when he calls me to reach him," Linet, who is his younger sister, revealed.
The two still live in Kibra where Linet pursues different businesses to earn a living.
Stivo simple boy is the second last born in a family of eight children and an elder to his twin sister.
"Growing up in the slum of Kibera is hard at times but Stivo Simple Boy credits this upbringing for the nurturing of his talent.
"Simple boy has been around the music scene for as long as he can remember. From as early as 2007 Simple Boy could be seen singing on many streets of Kibera," read an excerpt on Made in Kibera Website.
Stivo is also a youth ambassador in Kibera.
Here is the video courtesy of K24TV:
- The Truth28 September 2020 - 8:55 am
- Mystery28 September 2020 - 7:53 am
- Be Warned28 September 2020 - 7:12 am
- friends turned foes27 September 2020 - 8:15 pm
- Ng'eno Again27 September 2020 - 7:50 pm
- Covid who?27 September 2020 - 6:55 pm
- road carnage27 September 2020 - 6:36 pm
- Stance27 September 2020 - 5:20 pm
- out and about27 September 2020 - 5:07 pm
- Surge27 September 2020 - 3:59 pm
- Milestones27 September 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Expert Advice27 September 2020 - 2:43 pm