K24 TV news anchor Anne Kiguta, on the night of Sunday, November 3, made a hearty appeal to President Uhuru Kenyatta towards the tail end of her news bulletin.
Speaking during her Punchline show, the no-nonsense anchor asked the president to resist those dubbing people opposed to the Building Bridges Initiative (BBI) as treasonous.
Making her case, the anchor explained that Kenya was a democratic country and that all her people were free to make their choices and stick to their beliefs.
"Mr President, please resist the undercurrents that are purporting to suggest that those who disagree with BBI are somehow enemies of the state or that to champion a different way of thinking is somehow treasonous.
"On the contrary, this may be the very patriots that Kenya needs. Those with different ideas about how to grow our economy or those with different persuasions about how to fix our politics," she stated.
"Kenya needs all her people and all their ideas at the table without fear to express themselves and indeed with confidence that they are equal citizens," she continued.
A section of Jubilee leaders believed to be leaning towards Deputy President William Ruto has previously expressed displeasure with the initiative claiming that it is set to create a rift in the ruling party.
Kiguta also took the opportunity to address the president about his two predecessors, former Presidents Daniel arap Moi and Mwai Kibaki, that were admitted into hospitals over the course of last week.
She told the presidents to think about Mzee Moi's legacy and let Kenyans air their views openly.
"Think of Mzee Moi and his legacy Mr President. Let Kenyans support what they will but you keep your heart on Kenya. Strong men come and go but the legacy remains," she concluded.
- New directive16 September 2021 - 7:48 pm
- Freedom16 September 2021 - 8:01 pm
- Scammed16 September 2021 - 7:38 pm
- Fury16 September 2021 - 7:29 pm
- Clapback16 September 2021 - 7:29 pm
- OPPORTUNITY16 September 2021 - 6:26 pm
- Central Role16 September 2021 - 6:25 pm
- unfortunate16 September 2021 - 5:41 pm
- Kind-Hearted16 September 2021 - 5:27 pm
- Remarkable16 September 2021 - 5:51 pm
- Disrupted16 September 2021 - 4:38 pm
- long arm of law16 September 2021 - 4:45 pm