K24 TV news anchor Anne Kiguta, on the night of Sunday, November 3, made a hearty appeal to President Uhuru Kenyatta towards the tail end of her news bulletin.
Speaking during her Punchline show, the no-nonsense anchor asked the president to resist those dubbing people opposed to the Building Bridges Initiative (BBI) as treasonous.
Making her case, the anchor explained that Kenya was a democratic country and that all her people were free to make their choices and stick to their beliefs.
"Mr President, please resist the undercurrents that are purporting to suggest that those who disagree with BBI are somehow enemies of the state or that to champion a different way of thinking is somehow treasonous.
"On the contrary, this may be the very patriots that Kenya needs. Those with different ideas about how to grow our economy or those with different persuasions about how to fix our politics," she stated.
"Kenya needs all her people and all their ideas at the table without fear to express themselves and indeed with confidence that they are equal citizens," she continued.
A section of Jubilee leaders believed to be leaning towards Deputy President William Ruto has previously expressed displeasure with the initiative claiming that it is set to create a rift in the ruling party.
Kiguta also took the opportunity to address the president about his two predecessors, former Presidents Daniel arap Moi and Mwai Kibaki, that were admitted into hospitals over the course of last week.
She told the presidents to think about Mzee Moi's legacy and let Kenyans air their views openly.
"Think of Mzee Moi and his legacy Mr President. Let Kenyans support what they will but you keep your heart on Kenya. Strong men come and go but the legacy remains," she concluded.
- clever14 August 2020 - 8:37 pm
- daring14 August 2020 - 7:47 pm
- listening ear14 August 2020 - 6:21 pm
- narrowly14 August 2020 - 5:01 pm
- philanthropic14 August 2020 - 5:16 pm
- Another one14 August 2020 - 3:46 pm
- new beginnings14 August 2020 - 3:24 pm
- update14 August 2020 - 3:33 pm
- heads rollling14 August 2020 - 2:49 pm
- best of the best14 August 2020 - 2:45 pm
- No Chills!14 August 2020 - 2:01 pm
- pinching pennies14 August 2020 - 1:19 pm