On November 8, Raila Odinga Jr, son of ODM party leader Raila Odinga, fired at Deputy President William Ruto after the DP posted a congratulatory message with a twist to MP-elect Imran Okoth on Twitter.
On November 7, ODM's Bernard 'Imran' Otieno Okoth beat Jubilee Party's McDonald Mariga and 22 other candidates to clinch the Kibra Parliamentary seat in a fiercely-contested battle.
In a tweet, Raila Odinga Jr told Ruto that his plan to eventually wrestle away the Kibra seat from ODM would not materialise based on their latest win.
"Notice of Tenure, Kwa ground ni different, kula ndimu zako pole pole, TIBIM!!! ", the tweet read.
This was in response to the deputy president's earlier congratulatory message to Imran for clinching the Kibra seat and to Mariga for posing a challenge to the so-called, "bedroom."
"Pongezi Benard Okoth for Kibra. Congrats Mariga, Team Jubilee & supporters for daring the so-called 'bedroom', braving the chaos/violence, to double our vote from 12%(2017) to 26% now. Our competitors came down 78% (2017) to 52%. They retained the seat we have served notice." The DP tweeted.
Raila Odinga Jr. follows in the steps of a host of leaders who called out the Deputy president for daring to wrestle Kibra away from ODM. Suna East MP Junet Mohammed told Ruto to steer clear of Raila Odinga's "bedroom", Kibra.
Jubilee candidate for the Kibra by-elections, McDonald Mariga came under criticism for unexpected Kibra mini-poll candidature, with a section of leaders terming him a project of the deputy president and a move to test the waters in ahead of the 2022 general elections.
- Imagetroops24 February 2020 - 5:23 pm
- ImageBrace Yourselves24 February 2020 - 5:07 pm
- ImageI'm not afraid24 February 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Imageswitching lanes24 February 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Imagebizarre24 February 2020 - 3:28 pm
- ImageLife-Threatening24 February 2020 - 3:41 pm
- Imagewhat next?24 February 2020 - 3:00 pm
- Imagesmart business24 February 2020 - 2:06 pm
- ImageKenyans Asks24 February 2020 - 5:51 pm
- Imageballers24 February 2020 - 5:42 pm
- Imagebold24 February 2020 - 12:59 pm
- ImageUnsettling24 February 2020 - 12:48 pm