Citizen TV anchor Lulu Hassan was named among the proud winners in the 2019 Promax Awards in South Africa for her soap opera show, Huba, which airs on Africa Magic Bongo.
On a post on her Instagram page on Thursday, November 8, Hassan announced that her show had been awarded at the star-studded event that was held in South Africa the previous day.
"Jiffy Pictures and Big One Entertainment is happy to announce that 'Huba' just won Gold for Best General Entertainment Promo at the Promax Awards in South Africa," Hassan wrote.
Jiffy Pictures is a production company owned by Lulu alongside her husband and Swahili news presenter Rashid Abdalla.
The company has produced several soap operas, including Moyo, Huba, Maza, Mchikicho wa Pwani and Aziza series.
According to the host's website, the Promax Awards are the world's premier celebration of outstanding achievement in entertainment marketing and design.
Across eleven regional and global competitions, the Promax Awards honor teams harnessing passionate fandom to drive audiences, create value and build the biggest brands in entertainment.
Hassan, talking to Kenyans.co.ke on October 22, narrated that her shows stand above the rest because of the efforts that her team has invested in producing the script.
"If you look at the response on our shows, what stands out is how different we are from other production companies. We heavily invest in our stories.
"We write our story treatments in detail then we break them. We also go for cliffhangers to make Kenyans yearn for more," Hassan passionately elaborated.
- fire25 September 2020 - 4:06 pm
- Uproar25 September 2020 - 3:40 pm
- new directive25 September 2020 - 2:14 pm
- in the cold25 September 2020 - 1:52 pm
- Congrats!25 September 2020 - 12:59 pm
- exquisite25 September 2020 - 12:53 pm
- stay woke25 September 2020 - 11:57 am
- Power play25 September 2020 - 11:30 am
- barricaded25 September 2020 - 11:24 am
- Infuriated25 September 2020 - 10:27 am
- Cancelled25 September 2020 - 9:19 am
- claims25 September 2020 - 8:57 am