On Sunday, November 10, the Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) went for a thanksgiving ceremony at the DC grounds in Kibra.
The rally was meant to celebrate Bernard 'Imran' Okoth’s win in the Kibra by-election that took place on Thursday, November 7.
During the rally, Suna East MP Junet Mohammed, stole the moment after he showed up wearing a cap similar to Kimilili MP Didmus Barasa's.
Speaking to the residents at the grounds, Mohammed stated that he had collected the cap after the elections and would return it to the owner, once he came looking for it.
"The elections were conducted on Thursday and on that day I spent the night here (Kibra). On Friday morning, while making rounds in the area, I saw a cap and took it. In case you hear of someone looking for it, know that the person is a thief, who wanted to steal votes," Junet told the crowd.
The Kimilili MP lost his trademark cap after he was roughed up by goons during the by-election.
Barasa, who was calmly speaking to his Dagoretti North counterpart Simba Arati, had just arrived at the grounds when the incident occurred.
A group of youth were captured on camera slapping the MP, pushing him around and removing his signature cap.
The youth ordered the MP to leave the polling station because he was allied to Deputy President William Ruto.
Below is a video of Junet Mohammed explaining at DC Grounds in Kibra;
- Imageshots fired22 February 2020 - 7:41 pm
- Imagelooking back22 February 2020 - 7:21 pm
- Imagefirst appearence22 February 2020 - 6:44 pm
- ImageStreamlining the system22 February 2020 - 5:47 pm
- Imagedivine calling22 February 2020 - 5:58 pm
- Imagerelieve22 February 2020 - 4:00 pm
- ImageGreat Talk22 February 2020 - 4:49 pm
- Imagereviving the dream22 February 2020 - 3:30 pm
- Imagetill further notice22 February 2020 - 2:59 pm
- ImageTaking Initiative22 February 2020 - 2:46 pm
- Imagesad22 February 2020 - 1:50 pm
- ImageLocked22 February 2020 - 1:34 pm