Inspector General of Police Hillary Mutyambai, on Monday, November 11, finally rewarded some 89 police officers after a year's wait.
According to a report by The Standard, the IG promoted the officers, elevating some of them to serve under himself and Deputy IG Edward Mbugua.
The changes were announced by the National Police Service Commission (NPSC).
Some of the affected officers include former Nairobi police boss Japheth Koome and the Director of Child and Gender Affairs Miriam Ngina Muli.
Others who joined the senior assistant inspector general rank are GSU Commandant Douglas Kanja, Director of Police Operations Henry Barmao, the Head of Anti-Stock Theft Unit Joseph Kodi and the Head of Investigations at the DCI headquarters John Kariuki.
Some of the officers were promoted to the rank of Assistant Inspector General (AIG).
The officers included Railways and Port Police commandant Rono Bunei, the Kenya Airports Police Unit Commandant Titus Karuri and Kiganjo Police College Deputy Commandant Gabriel Musau among others.
During the briefing, the IG further made announcements reminding the public that OCSs were now referred to as police commanders.
OCPDs had also changed their titles to sub-county police commanders in line with the police reforms.
This promotion comes just days after some senior police officers were moved to the Public Service Commission.
- Poked Holes8 August 2020 - 8:19 am
- nabbed8 August 2020 - 7:37 am
- Long Wait8 August 2020 - 7:16 am
- new boss in town7 August 2020 - 8:07 pm
- no way7 August 2020 - 6:18 pm
- glued to the screen7 August 2020 - 4:57 pm
- double tragedy7 August 2020 - 4:33 pm
- big strides7 August 2020 - 4:14 pm
- bold7 August 2020 - 5:35 pm
- revolutionary7 August 2020 - 3:31 pm
- World's First7 August 2020 - 3:40 pm
- new beginnings7 August 2020 - 2:23 pm