Military police officers from Nanyuki on Friday, November 15, 2019, dramatically arrested Major Peter Mugure, a senior army officer at Nanyuki Barracks.
Mugure is under investigation as a key suspect after his wife, Joyce Syombua, and his two children went missing after a date with him on Saturday, October 26, 2019.
The embattled army officer was taken into custody pending the outcome of the investigations.
According to Nanyuki DCIO Jacob Mureithi, the officer's marriage had experienced troubles.
"The husband was only in good terms with the wife for some time," Mureithi stated.
The case was initially highlighted in a report on Citizen TV's prime time news on Tuesday, November 12.
They had paid a visit to Mugure at the army barracks in Laikipia.
Syombua and her two children were reported to have gone to the Nanyuki matatu terminus to board a vehicle to Nairobi, where they were last seen.
A matatu driver was also grilled over the disappearance of the officer's wife and their two children, Shanice Maua (10) and Prince Michael (5).
On the other hand, the driver attached to 4NTE sacco refuted claims of having ferried the three to Nairobi.
"We do not ferry clients at night, the vehicle that brought Syombua's phone was on private duty," one of the drivers explained regarding the cell phone that was recovered.
- changes12 July 2020 - 3:36 pm
- discord12 July 2020 - 2:57 pm
- Mansion Tour12 July 2020 - 2:52 pm
- Go Ahead12 July 2020 - 2:13 pm
- 1+112 July 2020 - 1:59 pm
- big break12 July 2020 - 1:46 pm
- Compensation12 July 2020 - 12:41 pm
- shining12 July 2020 - 12:10 pm
- The Truth12 July 2020 - 12:03 pm
- sad12 July 2020 - 11:32 am
- Differences12 July 2020 - 10:06 am
- heating up12 July 2020 - 9:24 am