Former Citizen TV news anchor Hussein Mohammed was among 15 journalists awarded by The Muslim Media Company for their exemplary journalistic practice.
The journalists were conferred with the award on Saturday, November 16, at Mombasa city.
Hussein, who decamped from Citizen TV in November, was awarded for championing for the interests and rights of Kenyans especially those drawn from the Muslim faith.
The Muslim Media Company is a start-up press organisation mainly focused on journalists from the Muslim faith.
The theme of the annually held award ceremony was celebrating Kenya's top 100 Influential Muslims.
In a phone call with Kenyans.co.ke, Suleiman Ndoro, a director at The Muslim Media Company stated that there were 9 categories for the award.
These included leadership, Law and Governance, Sports and Lifestyle, Business, Social Enterprise and Philanthropy and Media where Hussein was feted.
"In the media category, we were looking for a Muslim who has been in the media for a long time and who has been advocating for the rights of Muslims for a long time," Ndoro stated
Hussein was recognised among journalists from K24, Citizen TV and KTN including Lulu Hassan and Najma Ismail.
KTN News anchors Najma Ismail told Kenyans.co.ke that she was indeed honoured as one of the top 100 most influential Kenyan Muslims in the media category.
"Yes I'm honoured to be among the top 100 most influential Kenyan Muslims, " Najma revealed.
- DCI Raid17 September 2021 - 7:21 am
- New directive16 September 2021 - 7:48 pm
- Freedom16 September 2021 - 8:01 pm
- Scammed16 September 2021 - 7:38 pm
- Fury16 September 2021 - 7:29 pm
- Clapback16 September 2021 - 7:29 pm
- OPPORTUNITY16 September 2021 - 6:26 pm
- Central Role16 September 2021 - 6:25 pm
- unfortunate16 September 2021 - 5:41 pm
- Kind-Hearted16 September 2021 - 5:27 pm
- Remarkable16 September 2021 - 5:51 pm
- Disrupted16 September 2021 - 4:38 pm