President Uhuru Kenyatta on Tuesday, November 19, nominated Margaret Nyakang'o as the new controller of budget.
Ms Nyakang'o is set to be vetted by the Committee on Finance and National Planning before being approved by the head of state.
Others who had applied for the position include; Acting Controller of Budget Stephen Masha, William Kipkemboi, Abukar Abdirahman, Elizabeth Mwathi, Abiniza Macklin Ogolla, Karen Kandie, Muinde Patrick, Celestine Munda, Justus Nyamunga, James Aloyo, and Leonard Rangala.
Ms Nyakang'o was shortlisted for the position together with Edith King’ori, Duncan Otieno, and Judith Akumu.
The Public Service Commission started the search for a replacement after the exit of Agnes Odhiambo, who was Kenya's first controller of budget.
Ms Odhiambo had been appointed on August 27, 2011, and her term ended on August 2019.
She is a certified public accountant, who holds a Doctorate of Business Administration from the University of Liverpool, UK.
The president also nominated former nominated MP Amina Abdalla as Commissioner to Salaries and Remuneration Commission to represent Parliament.
- vacancies9 July 2020 - 7:35 pm
- Revealed9 July 2020 - 6:40 pm
- loud9 July 2020 - 5:25 pm
- enjoyment9 July 2020 - 5:18 pm
- ahead of the curve9 July 2020 - 5:10 pm
- Insider9 July 2020 - 4:52 pm
- get ready9 July 2020 - 4:23 pm
- rising star9 July 2020 - 4:21 pm
- My Take9 July 2020 - 3:56 pm
- Commendable Move9 July 2020 - 3:38 pm
- Hot Seat9 July 2020 - 3:08 pm
- coast update9 July 2020 - 2:58 pm