A gruesome road accident on Wednesday, November 20, resulted in the deaths of several passengers after the matatu they were travelling in rammed into a lorry.
According to a report by the Daily Nation, the carnage occurred at the "Man-Eaters" area along the Nairobi-Mombasa highway.Confirming the incident, Voi Sub-county Commander Bernstein Shari disclosed that four people perished while 12 others sustained injuries in the unfortunate morning ordeal.
The drivers of the two vehicles were among the 12 who were taken to Moi County Referral Hospital in Voi, Taita Taveta County.
Shari further explained that the driver of the passenger service vehicle was to blame for the incident. Thematatu heading to Mombasa had been overtaking at a corner when the accident occurred.
Photos seen by Kenyans.co.ke, show the mangled wreckage of the matatu being towed away from the scene.
This comes six days after another accident that took place on Thursday, November 14 that saw two people lose their lives after they were burnt to death.
According to Dominic, a resident who spoke to Kenyans.co.ke, the accident involved a fuel tanker and a truck that collided bursting into flames.
"The accident happened about a kilometre from Ntulele town along the Narok-Maai Mahiu road in Narok county," he disclosed.
He also confirmed that the two individuals who were the drivers of the respective vehicles were burnt beyond recognition.
- impressive3 July 2020 - 7:33 pm
- new toy3 July 2020 - 6:48 pm
- unexpected3 July 2020 - 6:42 pm
- banned3 July 2020 - 5:04 pm
- new start3 July 2020 - 3:38 pm
- new record3 July 2020 - 3:29 pm
- Targetted3 July 2020 - 3:18 pm
- finally3 July 2020 - 2:54 pm
- you've been warned3 July 2020 - 2:31 pm
- nabbed3 July 2020 - 2:07 pm
- Seize the Moment3 July 2020 - 1:34 pm
- vandalised3 July 2020 - 1:13 pm