The mother to former Kenya Defence Forces Major Peter Mugure has spoken out for the first time since her son got arrested in connection with the gruesome murder of his family.
According to a report by Citizen TV, Mugure’s mother, Hannah Mugure, admitted that she was aware of her son's relationship with his deceased wife Joyce Syombua.
She, however, noted that the relationship was shortlived since meeting in 2005 though revealing that she met Syombua and even her parents.
"He told me that he would marry Joyce upon completing his studies. I even visited Joyce’s mother, and we talked,” Hannah told the broadcaster on Wednesday, November 20.
Peter's sister, Nancy Wambui, corroborated his mother's story disclosing that during their engagement, the two were so in love and rarely fought in public.
Syombua's mother had earlier told the media that her daughter's relationship to the former KDF officer was marred with domestic violence.
Mugure is the main suspect in the murder of his wife and two children, Shanice Maua, 10, and Prince Michael, 5.
Bodies of the three were found buried in a shallow grave within Thingithu Estate in Nanyuki, after the arrest of Major Mugure on Saturday, November 16.
It is believed that the discovery was made after the suspect led the police to where the bodies were buried.
On Wednesday, November 20, autopsy indicated that while Syombua died as a result of a head injury, her two children were strangled before being buried in a shallow grave.
- discord12 July 2020 - 2:57 pm
- Mansion Tour12 July 2020 - 2:52 pm
- Go Ahead12 July 2020 - 2:13 pm
- 1+112 July 2020 - 1:59 pm
- big break12 July 2020 - 1:46 pm
- Compensation12 July 2020 - 12:41 pm
- shining12 July 2020 - 12:10 pm
- The Truth12 July 2020 - 12:03 pm
- sad12 July 2020 - 11:32 am
- Differences12 July 2020 - 10:06 am
- heating up12 July 2020 - 9:24 am
- Frightening12 July 2020 - 9:13 am