The government, through its pathologists, on Wednesday, November 20, released DNA results linking Joseph Irungu, aka Jowie, to the murder of businesswoman Monica Kimani.
Findings that were presented in court, according to Citizen TV, confirmed that Jowie had interacted with the late Monica during her last moments.
The government pathologists revealed that the state had collected 73 samples from the scene of the crime including being buccal swabs of Jowie and Jacque Maribe.
The report showed that Jowie's buccal swab matched with samples from a pillow and a rear seat.
The findings also dragged two more unidentified people to the scene of the crime.
The pathologist is set to be cross-examined at Millimani Law Courts on Thursday, November 22.
Since the case kicked off, three witnesses, a government pathologist, a police constable, and Lee Omondi, a friend of the late Kimani.
Omondi, on Tuesday, November 19, alleged that Joseph Irungu alias Jowie was the last person left with her.
Omondi told the court that he left the deceased in the company of Jowie at her Lamuria Gardens Apartments, on the fateful night.
Further, he stated that Jowie introduced himself as a security person working with Interpol and at the Office of The President.
“Joe is the one I left at Monica’s place the night she was killed. He even offered to get me a firearm,” the court heard at the time.
- discord12 July 2020 - 2:57 pm
- Mansion Tour12 July 2020 - 2:52 pm
- Go Ahead12 July 2020 - 2:13 pm
- 1+112 July 2020 - 1:59 pm
- big break12 July 2020 - 1:46 pm
- Compensation12 July 2020 - 12:41 pm
- shining12 July 2020 - 12:10 pm
- The Truth12 July 2020 - 12:03 pm
- sad12 July 2020 - 11:32 am
- Differences12 July 2020 - 10:06 am
- heating up12 July 2020 - 9:24 am
- Frightening12 July 2020 - 9:13 am