Popular Churchill comedian Sammy Kioko was the toast of the town after graduating at KCA University on Friday, November 22, 2019.
Sharing the milestone with the world, an over the moon Kioko posted “God above all” and was unreservedly patted on the back by hundreds of his fellow entertainers as well as fans.
During an elaborate party held to commemorate his graduation, the comedian was handed a priceless yet comical gift.
Comedian Lawrence Macharia popularly known as Kamami handed the graduand a pair of sandals commonly 'Akala' made out of worn-out car tyres.
"Kioko hii kiatu usiidharau, tukijuana haukua unanuka chochote ni jasho tu, lakini Mungu amekubariki na sasa uko hapa, may you never 'tarmac'," loosely translating to, let this shoes be a symbol, you have truly come a long way ever since we first met back in the day," Macharia, who was the master of ceremony at the party, stated.
He went on to reveal that Kioko was now a Bachelor of Education (Arts) degree holder.
In an interesting grass to grace story, the budding comedian's big break came when he trounced hundreds of other comedians to win the Ultimate Comic competition on April 8, 2019.
The show, which was broadcasted exclusively on Maisha Magic East, drew contestants from all over the country.
Kioko's star has been on the rise ever since and his latest educational fete was yet another feather to his highly decorated cap.
"Happy graduation day, stay blessed," Lisper Paul Mwangi posted on the comedian's Facebook page.
Here's a short clip of the hearty party:
- latest report1 October 2020 - 3:30 pm
- raid1 October 2020 - 3:50 pm
- Outcry1 October 2020 - 2:46 pm
- Power play1 October 2020 - 2:22 pm
- facts1 October 2020 - 2:22 pm
- Listen Up1 October 2020 - 1:57 pm
- New Directives1 October 2020 - 4:18 pm
- destroyed1 October 2020 - 1:39 pm
- god's plan1 October 2020 - 12:37 pm
- making a living1 October 2020 - 12:27 pm
- Nerve-wracking1 October 2020 - 12:27 pm
- Alert1 October 2020 - 11:48 am